Community is an accredited member of the following:
Good Corporations assesses companies against their obligation to provide Responsible Business Management.
Community has continued its Good Corporation accreditation that the ISTC had prior to the merger.
INVESTORS IN PEOPLE
Investors in People provide a framework for businesses to develop an enthusiastic skilled workforce.
Community is accredited to Investors in People.
POSITIVE ABOUT DISABLED PEOPLE
'Positive About Disabled People' is a certificate awarded by Jobcentre Plus which recognises Community Union's commitment to treating all members of society equally.
These commitments are:
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time but at least once a year, with disabled employees, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make sure these commitments work
- to review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
Community is also accredited to the Disability Champions@Work scheme. Communityy has five staff members accredited to support the needs of our disabled members with the workplace and within their union.
More information is available here.
Had an accident that wasn't your fault? Don't trust the no win, no fee sharks - let Community represent you...
Community is a leader in Trade Union education. More information is available here...
Let Community know when you've changed your details, so we can keep you up-to-date with news, events and action in your workplace