Community currently have the following vacancies:
Location: The Grange, Earls Barton
Working remote to cover Leicestershire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and North Bedfordshire
Salary: £27,919.87 P/A & Benefits
The Union for Life with a 21st Century vision about representing communities with common interests.
Reporting to the National Operations Officer, the Campaign Managerís key aim is that of membership Recruitment, Retention & Organizing to support the Unionís national strategy. The successful applicant willalso be coordinating campaign activities to maximise recruitment opportunities while strategically and constructively working towards raising the profile of Community by building sustainable relationships with stakeholders and community organisations to advance the ethos of the Union.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Maintain & increase membership and retention levels
- A committed and strategic approach to Organising, Recruitment & Retention.
- Securing a high profile for Community through servicing & campaign activities.
- Building & maintaining strong partnerships with all stakeholders (internal & external)
- Liaise with Branches and work towards ensuring Branch Officials are (or working towards) becoming self-sufficient.
The Campaign Manager will need to have the following skills, knowledge andexperience
- Good knowledge and understanding of organizing concepts to ensure recruitment/retention targets & objectives are met.
- Ability to support, mentor & develop lay reps & activists
- Understanding of employment law related to TU membership, Health & Safety & employment rights
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with the use of IT packages (Microsoft & information systems)
- Ability to meet deadlines, work flexibly and under pressure
- Understanding of equal opportunities policy and practice
It is essential that the successful candidate has a full driving license.
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2013
For a full Job Description & Application pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to:
Personnel & Training Manager
67/68 Long Acre
020 7420 4016
Community is an equal opportunities employer with
Investors in People Bronze & Good Corporation status
Community also have been awarded the Positive about Disabled People Award.
Please contact us direct if you require the application documents in an alternative format.